Fall Wish List :: Footwear

Thursday, September 11, 2014


1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5


Today is the first day that feels like Fall on my side of the world, and I could not be more thrilled! I am the kind of girl that wishes away the summer with thoughts of comfy sweaters, baking delicious treats, and cozying up with warm lattes. This beautiful weather and a little help from my Mulled Cider candle burning in the air are a few things that have me dreaming of my Fall wardrobe. I typically stick to the same outfit formula every year from October all the way through the coldest months: 

Oversized Sweater or Flannel + Leggings or Skirt + Tall Socks or Tights + Boots or Moccasins

Though I will most definitely continue wearing outfits that are within this category, I am working on updating my wardrobe to a more "work appropriate" fall wardrobe. In doing this I decided to share a bit of my wish list for my fall wardrobe, starting with footwear. 

When I moved back from college I threw out all of the "only appropriate for grungy campus wear" shoes and boots. This was a bit of a devastating purge as I am one that attaches memories to inanimate objects. The only thing that cured my heartbreak was knowing that when fall came I would treat myself to a new selection of shoes! Here are the items that arrived on my wish list: 

1. Cheetah Print Keds
If you are around me for very long you will find out that I am a sucker for anything cheetah print. Cheetah print is my neutral for many outfits, so that led me to my desire for some sturdy cheetah print Keds. These could be a real staple for any outfit and great for running around town.  

2. Floral Combat Boots
I have owned a true variety of combat boots over the last few years, but nothing has ever gotten me as excited as the idea of floral combat boots. I haven't found much that I love in way of the current floral trend, but when I saw these I knew I needed them. Hopefully these will be making their way to my home as soon as possible! 

3. Fancy Flats
I am an occasional wearer of heels for special occasions, but most often with my professional wear I tend to sport flats. I despise plain/ solid color flats so I have been on the hunt for fun flats that can jazz up any outfit. I found these bueats at Target and immediately fell in love with the gorgeous pop of color and unique style!

4. Hunter Short Boots
A pair of gray Hunter boots have honestly been on my wish list for what feels like an eternity. I am determined that this will be the year I adopt a beautiful pair of gray Hunter short boots. 

5. Feather Mocassins 
I am what you could call an avid moccasin wearer. I have gone through countless pairs over the years, and I am in the market for a new pair of basic slip on mocassins. I still have a fringy pair that I adore, but I would love to have another pair to put in the rotation.

What are you looking forward to most this Fall?



No comments:

Post a Comment