Five Friday Favs :: New Year, New Loves

Friday, January 9, 2015


1// Backpack Purse

Over the last few months I have been watching to see if the backpack purse trend would stick around and it totally has. When I was shopping after Christmas I knew I had to pick one up. Not only are they stylish, but they offer some great hands free shopping without lugging your purse around on your arm. I picked mine up at Target, and the one shown above is a gorgeous Alexander Wang bag. 

2//Bombay Bicycle Club
I am forever on the hunt for bands that I haven't heard of or don't know much about and the other day I was just playing a random playlist on Spotify and fell in love with the sound of Bombay Bicycle Club. They are a British indie rock band, but there music covers such a variety of genres. I encourage you to check them out!

3//Black Coffee
Coffee is the one thing you can bet your life that I will have in my hand 8 out of 10 times during the day. Because I am such an over consumer I tend to forget just how wonderful it is so I felt like I just wanted to give it a little shout out this week as a forever favorite to this girl. 

4//Half-Knot
For starters do you like this trend? For seconds what do you call this hair style? I call it the half-knot because its a half back top knot and its just easier to call it that. I for one adore this hair style, in fact you can see me sporting this at least two days a week right now. It is so cute and so convenient as it gets all of those bothersome hairs out of your face and is wonderful on second/third day dirty hair. I just throw some dry shampoo on, tease it out, and pull it up. Easy as that and it usually gives a pretty cute result. 

5// Miss Fisher's
Netflix is where I consume most all of my television as I only get two actual channels to my TV. So I usually just fire up the ROKU and take a browse through Netflix and find shows that have lots of episodes to binge over the week. Last week when browsing Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries was suggested to me as I love and have watched almost all historical mystery shows available! All that to say that this show is outstanding. It is set in the roaring twenties which is a quick win for me and it just has great plot development and characters. I have one episode left of the two seasons that are available on Netflix and I am sad to see it end!

What is one of your favorites this week?

XOXO, byannagrace

1 comment: