New Drugstore Finds | FACE

Monday, April 13, 2015



Wet N Wild | Coloricon Contouring Palette

These Walmart exclusive palettes are offered in two color combinations, Carmel Toffee and Dolce De Leche. As I prefer a cooler contour I picked it up in Carmel Toffee.  To be honest I really hated this product at first, the pigment did not turn out and it just seemed a bit rubish. After experiementing a bit I found that the bronzer is actually realy nice when used with a densly packed brush, like the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. It gives a great shadow that is very natural and not overly bold. Being that I am quite pale and this is subtle on me I would next suggest it for anyone with darker coloring. As for the highlight shade, it is by no means a highlight. I have used it to set by under eye with varying levels of success, but for the most part I don't find myself reaching for it.

Maybelline | Fit Me Matte + Poreless

This is an amazing product! At first glance it appears to be your average matte setting powder but the way that this product works on the skin is almost impossible to describe. The finely milled consistenty perfects the finished look and is great to touch up through out the day. I haven't touched another one of my powders sense I have started using this. Along with the setting powder I have been loving using this with my Sonia Kashuk small domed powder brush. They work together like a dream!

Rimmel | Fix & Perfect Pro Primer

Most of the primers I have found myself using over the last year have been extremly siliconey and really didn't seem to do much as far as extending the life of my makeup. The Fix and Perfect Pro is like no other drugstore primer I have ever used. It claims to "smooth, resurface, brighten, mattify, and protect to prolong foundation wear". And I would most definitly agree with all of those, I cannot recommend this primer highly enough.

What have you been loving at the drugstore? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment